This is a virtual course, offered online only and available to registered users of the Officer Virtual Academy at all times.
This course of instruction discusses the concerns, pros and cons of secondary weapons. It also reviews considerations for off-duty weapons. Given that off-duty weapons are covered, the follow on portion of the course examines typical concerns for off-duty survival protocols. This course discusses what equipment should be carried; outlook toward off-duty response; developing plans and properly communicating while engaged in off-duty activities.
If there are any questions with regard to the content, please contact the instructor:
Lt. Frank Borelli via email to email@example.com.
There are no prerequisites for attending this program.
About the Instructors
Lt. Frank Borelli – LE Instructor / Editorial Director
With over 35 years of operational experience and more than 30 years of instructional experience, Lt. Borelli has taught programs involving firearms, defensive tactics, officer survival, active shooter response and more to officers from all levels of government to include city, county, state, federal and military. He remains active in law enforcement, continually training and being trained to keep his skills up to date and sharp.
- Backup & Off-Duty Guns: What Makes Sense (article)
- Backup & Off-Duty Guns (article)
- The Perfect Backup/Off-Duty Gun (article)
- officer.com/12312120 Off-Duty Risks & Responsibilities
- officer.com/11221281 Off-Duty Carry – Yes or No
- officer.com/10248586 Off-Duty Officer Survival
- officer.com/10455697 Off-Duty Cop
- officer.com/21208738 Backup and Off-Duty Guns
- officer.com/21150507 On-Duty vs Off-Duty vs Retired Carry
- officer.com/21150511 Off-Duty Must Haves for Trauma Care